Compliance Validation for this AWS Product or Service
This AWS product or service follows the shared responsibility model through the specific Amazon Web Services (AWS) services it supports. For AWS service security information, see the AWS service security documentation page and AWS services that are in scope of AWS compliance efforts by compliance program.
The security and compliance of Amazon Web Services (AWS) services is assessed by third-party auditors as part of multiple AWS compliance programs. These include SOC, PCI, FedRAMP, HIPAA, and others. AWS provides a frequently updated list of AWS services in scope of specific compliance programs at AWS Services in Scope by Compliance Program.
Third-party audit reports are available for you to download using AWS Artifact. For more information, see Downloading Reports in AWS Artifact.
For more information about AWS compliance programs, see AWS Compliance Programs.
Your compliance responsibility when using this AWS product or service to access an AWS service is determined by the sensitivity of your data, your organization’s compliance objectives, and applicable laws and regulations. If your use of an AWS service is subject to compliance with standards such as HIPAA, PCI, or FedRAMP, AWS provides resources to help:
- Security and Compliance Quick Start Guides – Deployment guides that discuss architectural considerations and provide steps for deploying security-focused and compliance-focused baseline environments on AWS.
- Architecting for HIPAA Security and Compliance Whitepaper – A whitepaper that describes how companies can use AWS to create HIPAA-compliant applications.
- AWS Compliance Resources – A collection of workbooks and guides that might apply to your industry and location.
- AWS Config – A service that assesses how well your resource configurations comply with internal practices, industry guidelines, and regulations.
- AWS Security Hub – A comprehensive view of your security state within AWS that helps you check your compliance with security industry standards and best practices.